Trend collection autumn 2021 & Supreme Selections Roses Week 9 juli 2021
Rose care tips
Preferably put the Roses in a glass vase that has always been cleaned. Earthenware and stone vases are less suitable because they have pores in which bacteria remain. These clog the vascular bundles in the stem, preventing the Rose from absorbing water and causing the bud to droop.
Always use clean water in which cut flower food has been dissolved.
Never use more cut flower food than is advised.
Special Rose flower food is best.
Remove the leaves that would otherwise be in the water, leave the thorns on.
Cut the stem with a sharp knife at an angle, do not damage the stem.
Never wet the Rose flowers with a water spray, this will encourage the Botrytis fungus.
Don't forget to check the water every day and top it up if necessary.
Place the Roses preferably in a cool place and not in a draught. They should not be in direct sunlight (also not too close to the heating or fireplace).
Never place Roses near fruit.
For bridal and mourning floral arrangements, it is important to water Roses well overnight and use the right ripeness. You can also spray the floral arrangements with an agent that limits evaporation.
Always give the consumer care tips, of course with flower food.
This is what our experts and quality assurance pay attention to when buying:
- Length and thickness of the stem, bud height and width and the number of petals must be in proportion.
- The leaves should be fresh and firm.
- If Roses are harvested too unripe, too little energy is produced in the petals to allow the flower to open.
- Production conditions, cold chain and transport from the country of origin largely determine the quality of Roses.
- When purchasing, it is important that Roses are free of diseases and pests such as powdery mildew (the 'white') or Botrytis.
Show them by colour with other flowers and make use of some growers' luxurious own packaging to protect the Roses while emphasising their special status, such as Supreme Selections. A little space around the flowers literally gives the consumer air to make choices. Consumers appreciate Roses in mixed bouquets (best sellers to take away immediately) and in mono-bouquets and arrangements (for special occasions).
Source: Funny How Flower Do That
Photos: Arend Roses & Funny How Flower Do That